It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of IoT technologies for the logistics sector, because here it is possible to achieve a tremendous increase in the level of efficiency: solutions can be used in warehouses, and in the processes of transportation and loading, and for delivering goods directly to customers at the "last mile" level.
Thanks to technologies of the Internet of things, companies manage to combine warehouses, transport and millions of items of goods into a single self-governing intellectual system. Most often, IoT devices are used in warehouses. Receiving information about tangible assets throughout the supply chain, the IoT systems then independently process and analyze the received data, and also ensure that orders are properly stored and as quickly as possible will be in the hands of the end customers.
• Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
• Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
• Building Automation Systems (BAS).
• Sensors and gauge on warehouse equipment, vehicles.
• Industrial robots for the selection and packaging of goods in stock.
• Minicomputers for printing labels.
• Interactive interfaces.
Areas of use
Increase the efficiency of equipment in the warehouse. Thanks to the sensors on conveyor belts and loaders, it is possible to determine the optimum speed mode, load, capacity.