The automatization of all main business processes within document management is the result of the project for Global Energy Azerbaijan Ltd.
Global Energy Azerbaijan Ltd. includes the following land-based extractive industry companies: Absheron Operating Company Limited, Karasu Operating Company, Shirvan Oil Operating Company, Neftchala Operating Company, Binagadi Oil Company.
It was necessary to solve the difficulties with data arrangement, ensuring data security, reducing time spent on document management, and monitoring all main business processes. To find a solution to these issues , the company's management decided to implement the ECM (Enterprise Content Management) system, and, for this purpose, the WSS Docs electronic document management system (EDMS) was introduced.
The WSS Docs solution allowed not only to store and exchange a large number of documents and corporate data, but also to solve the specific problems arising from the company growth on the market. For example,
- the provision of support to various methods for organizing a remote cooperation of employees or team members that are spread across different geographical locations;
- the arrangement of end-to-end company processes, including the preservation of specific work regulations in each of the divisions;
- the automatization of purchase requests through office memos and instructions.
During the EDMS implementation, all companies of Global Energy Azerbaijan Group had to be affected. The project was designed to automate document management and business processes. Moreover, it was supposed to make all the companies of the group merge into a single information space with distributed processing. As a result, the joint working group developed a common strategy for the EDMS implementation. The purpose was to build a new workflow of document management instead of the old one.
Nowadays, almost all the office processes have been automated. It became easier for the records management services to work with incoming, outgoing correspondence and internal documents. The contract management has also been transformed into an electronic form at all stages.
Among the important results, the following main achievements can be highlighted:
- A significant reduction of time spent on day-to-day work with documentation and an acceleration of docflow;
- The ability to quickly monitor and control the executive discipline of the employees of Global Energy Azerbaijan Group, including those that are territorially remote;
- The improvement in all business processes, which has ensured a complete control and full transparency of all the activities of the Group.